The Keys to Your Success: New Student Orientation
August 12 – 15, 2014
Orientation Main Page
Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions before you arrive?
Assistant Dean for Student Life
Assistant Director for Student Life
At orientation, you will:
- Get to know the student support team and faculty members
- Be introduced to law school and campus support services
- Complete critical paperwork for the University and law school
- Participate in simulated class lectures
- Become familiar with case briefing outlining fundamentals
- Learn about an area of law
- Interact with fellow students and build community
- Start to learn norms of the legal community
- Engage with the local community
Welcome to Texas Tech University School of Law. Below is a checklist that will guide you in your preparation for arrival for Orientation. Please note that you are required to complete and follow all of the instructions below before arriving for your first day! If you have any questions, please contact Joshua Hansen, Assistant Director for Student Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign-up for your eRaider account. eRaider serves as your electronic ID. Your eRaider password should be kept confidential. Please visit http://www.law.ttu.edu/accepted/ for instructions.
- Register your student profile on OrgSync. You will need your Eraider username and password to enter this site. Add your information to the page; you can edit this information later.
- Type “Tech Law Class of 2017” in the top search box on the OrgSync main page. After clicking on your class group, request to join this group and type in the password “class2017” when prompted. You are now a member of your class of 2017 online group.
- Complete the “Pre-Orientation Information Form”. You can find this form in the “Feed” or on the “Forms” tab on the left hand toolbar of your “Class of 2017” OrgSync group page. This is due on July 31, 2014.
- Download, read, and be prepared to discuss on the first day of Orientation: Case Briefing.
- Remember to bring a writing utensil and something on which to take notes to Orientation.
- Students intending to practice in Texas will need bring the following documents with them to Lubbock. You will need them to file your “Declaration of Intent to Study Law” with the State Bar of Texas. You will receive more detailed information about this process during the Fall semester.
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Instructions on how to Request and Receive Academic Accommodations are provided here.
- Download and review your Law Library Orientation materials.
- Check your Texas Tech email address regularly (mail.ttu.edu) for more updates about Orientation and Texas Tech Law.
- Check-in for orientation begins at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 12, 2014. Business attire is required. Photos will be taken during check-in.