|Associate Director, Employer Relations
Ashley Withers has been Associate Director of Employer Relations since 2012. Ashley meets with students and alumnae for personalized career counseling. Ashley presents on topics including Professional Attire 101: What to Wear to an Interview, How to get Hired as a Prosecutor, and Understanding Legal Employment. Ashley actively develops relationships with employers, including law firms, government, judicial, in-house, and business and industry organizations. She assists in organizing regional and national legal career fairs, and travels the state of Texas and beyond, meeting with employers personally to speak about their hiring needs and how Texas Tech Law students and alumnae can meet those needs.
At the law school, Ashley coaches a national moot court team each semester and often serves as a judge at intra-school advocacy competitions. She received the 2012-2013 W. Frank Newton Service Award, which is awarded to a local attorney for volunteer service in support of the Board of Barristers. Ashley travels with Texas Tech Law students each spring break to participate in Pro Bono Spring Break, a state-wide project that sends students and attorney staff and faculty members to underserved communities around the state to provide pro bono legal services.
Ashley Withers received her Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 2011. She served as Comment Editor on SMU Law Review, and received First Place and Best Advocate in the Final Round at the Pepperdine University School of Law National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition. Ashley received her Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science from Stephen F. Austin State University. Upon graduation from law school, Ashley practiced with the firm of Fadduol, Cluff, & Hardy, P.C., focusing on personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting from oil field accidents and motor vehicle collisions.
You can reach Ashley Withers at (806) 834-3781 or by email at email@example.com.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND ADMISSIONS
- State Bar of Texas, 2011
- State Bar of New Mexico, 2012 (inactive)
- Lubbock Junior Women’s Club, 2013
- Lubbock Area Bar Association, 2012 and 2013
PRESENTATIONS AND SERVICE
- Coach for Texas Tech University School of Law Moot Court Team:
- 2012 & 2013 Leroy R. Hassell, Sr. National Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition
- 2013 Billings, Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition. Texas Tech Law Team received Second Place in competition, First Place Petitioner’s Brief, and highest overall brief score in the competition.
- 2011 Mack Kidd Administrative Law Moot Court Competition
- Back to the Schools, Speaker to Fifth Graders for Law Day, 2013
- Texas Tech University Inaugural Pre-Law Academy Presentation – Understanding Legal Employment, 2013