Student's Rights & Responsibilities
- I have the right to know what student financial aid programs are available at TTU.
- I have the right to know the deadlines (if any) for submitting applications for each financial aid program.
- I have the right to know how my financial need was determined, including how various expenses in my budget are considered.
- I have the right to know what resources are considered in the calculation of my awards.
- I have the right to request an explanation of the various programs in my financial aid package.
- I have the right to consult with persons in the Financial Aid Office concerning my application for assistance, budgeting and/or financial problems which might arise.
- I have the right to cancel any loan proceeds received via Electronic Funds Transfer up to fourteen days after the credit has been applied.
- I will check my TTU email on a regular basis.
- I must complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the appropriate office.
- I must provide correct information. In most instances, mis-reporting information on financial aid forms is a violation of federal law and may be a criminal offense, which could result in indictment under the U.S. Criminal Code.
- I must provide any additional documentation, verification information, or corrections requested by the Financial Aid Office or the agency to which I submitted my application before any funds will be disbursed.
- I am responsible for reading, understanding, and retaining copies of all forms I am asked to sign.
- I must accept responsibility for all agreements I sign.
- I am responsible for knowing the sources of financial aid, which I receive and whether the aid is a loan, grant, or scholarship. If the aid is a loan, I must know to whom repayment is to be made and the terms of repayment.
- I must keep the Financial Aid Office informed of my correct address at all times - while I am in school and after graduation - while any loans are outstanding.
- It is my responsibility to inform the Financial Aid Office of any change in my student or financial status. This includes, but is not limited to: marriage, divorce, childbirth, employment of myself, spouse, or parents, etc.
- It is my responsibility to complete an Entrance/Exit Counseling interview online at www.financialaid.ttu.edu, prior to my separation from TTU either by graduation or withdrawal.