How to Apply: Financial Aid Process
- The university's financial aid website contains important information, including the financial aid process, helpful websites, and definitions of various financial aid terms.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students must complete a new FAFSA each year in order to be considered for grants, scholarships, and loans. The FAFSA becomes available on January 1 ever year. Some students may be selected by the federal processor for verification. You will be notified by email to provide additional information if this happens. If needed, the verification worksheet(s) required for this process are available on the university's main financial aid website.
Review and accept your loan award via Raiderlink (www.raiderlink.ttu.edu).
- Select Financial Aid Information
- Select Student And Financial Aid
- Select TTU Financial Aid
- Select Award
- Select Award for Aid Year
- Select Award Year
- Select the Accept Award Offer Tab. Your awards will be listed with an option to accept all or a portion. (Please refer to the options listed.)
- Complete entrance counseling. For first time borrowers, entrance counseling can be completed at studentloans.gov.
- Sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN): Sign a MPN for your Federal Direct Loan online atstudentloans.gov. (Note: Direct PLUS loans require a separate MPN.)
- Upon disbursement of your Federal Direct student loans (typically on or around 10 days before classes begin), you will receive an Email notification.