The Keys to Your Success: New Student Orientation 2013
Welcome to Texas Tech University School of Law. Below is a checklist that will guide you in your preparation for arrival for Orientation. Please note that you are required to complete and follow all of the instructions below before arriving for your first day! If you have any questions, please contact Joshua Hansen, Assistant Director for Student Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign-up for your eRaider account. eRaider serves as your electronic ID. Your eRaider password should be kept confidential. Please visit http://www.law.ttu.edu/accepted/ for instructions.
- Register your student profile on OrgSync. You will need your Eraider username and password to enter this site. Add your information to the page; you can edit this information later.
- Type “Tech Law Class of 2016” in the top search box on the OrgSync main page. After clicking on your class group, request to join this group and type in the password “class2016” when prompted. You are now a member of your class of 2016 online group.
- Complete the “Pre-Orientation Information Form.” You can find this form in the “Feed” or on the “Forms” tab on the left hand toolbar of your “Class of 2016” OrgSync group page. This is due on August 1, 2013.
- Take two learning styles tests, print out your results and bring them with you to Orientation.
- Download, read, and be prepared to discuss on the first day of Orientation: Case Briefing.
- Remember to bring the following to Orientation:
- Writing utensil and something on which to take notes.
- Learning Styles Test results.
- Students intending to practice in Texas will need bring the documents below with them to Lubbock. You will need them to file your “Declaration of Intent to Study Law” with the State Bar of Texas. You will receive more detailed information about this process during the Fall semester.
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Orientation will provide you:
- Breakfast and Lunch. If you have special food considerations, please contact Danette Weller, Assistant Director for Special Events, at email@example.com.
- Bottled water and coffee will be available throughout the day.
- Check your Texas Tech email address regularly (mail.ttu.edu) for more updates about Orientation and Texas Tech Law.
- Check-in for orientation begins at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 13, 2013. Business attire is required. Photos will be taken during check-in.