Services of the Law Library for Visitors
Everyone is welcome to use the print resources of the Law Library. However, some of the Law Library's online resources (e.g., Westlaw, LexisNexis) are available only to Texas Tech Law Students and Faculty Members. If you are not a Texas Tech Law Student or Faculty Member, the Law Library offers alternatives to those sources for your use, such as LexisNexis Academic.
The Law Library serves attorneys, judges, paralegals, residents of Texas and the public in general. Members of the public may:
- Enter and use the Law Library during public hours
- Browse and use the collection
- Use certain equipment such as: public access computers, computer lab (password needed), copier on the 1st Floor (coin operated) and printer (printing charges may apply)
- Access resources in the library such as the Internet
- Ask questions and receive assistance from the Law Library staff
- Borrow items (if you are an attorney or judge)
Attorneys and judges may use our document delivery service to have cases, statutes, rules and articles copied and sent to their firms or residences. Fees for this service may apply. To request this service, please contact Barbara Painter-Moreno, Assistant Director of Library Operations, at 806-742-3990 x353, email email@example.com.