| Information Technology (IT) Division Services
School of Law Library/IT
- This information is an edited version of the 2010 University IT Orientation presented to Graduate and Undergraduate Students.
(other than this page - Law School edits are
shown in blue underlined italicized text)
- The Law School Library/Information Technology department provides a higher level of additional services and coordinates with the
University IT to ensure law students and organizations have access to the best combination of all services
- If there is any question about Information Technology Services as provided by the Law School (and described in this document), or in combination with the University IT, please direct them to Uwe Beltz, Associate Director for Law Library and Computing, or 806-742-3990 (ext. 286)
- eRaider- Your TTU electronic ID used to access University services;
- TechMail- Your official TTU email address (@ttu.edu); Required for official University correspondence;
- TechLawAnnounce- Your official communication location for law school announcements, activities and events;
- Raiderlink- Your online campus connection for TTU services (http://raiderlink.ttu.edu)
- MyTech Tab in the Raiderlink Portal- make tuition payments, register for classes, check class availability, view holds, update personal info, financial aid account summary, add/drop, etc.
IT Help Central
|Use IT Help Central when Computer Support in Lab 227 is not
available (or as noted below)
- Assistance in setting up e-mail, eRaider accounts, resetting eRaider Passwords, etc.
- Residence Hall Support
Law School additional Information
Opportunities for YOU!
- Free Software Download at
http://eraider.ttu.edu , Microsoft Operating System upgrades, Microsoft Office Suite for PC and Mac, and Symantec Antivirus
- TTU Dell Partnership - Computer Discounts
TTUnet Wireless- Access in all academic buildings and most support buildings
(including the entire Law School Building!)
- Convenient Computer Labs
Free Technology Training
- ShortCourses (instructor-led training on technology topics)
- Computer-Based Training (self-paced online learning)
GETTING ACCESS: Network Registration System
- For students living in Residence Halls
- Ethernet cables are required for Internet access in Residence Halls
- Registration begins when you first open your browser
- Simple process
- (806) 742-HELP (4357) or e-mail at email@example.com
Understand acceptable use of TTU Information Technology resources.
Know the law and protect yourself.
Downloading and file sharing
- Copyright owners (music, movies, MP3, software) are filing charges against individuals.
- BiTorrent, Limewire - if it's free, it's illegal. Use legal sites like iTunes, Amazon, Napster, or Zune.
Spamming & E-mail Abuse
TechMail is for Educational purposes only; Use TechAnnounce for official messages to groups (http://techannounce.ttu.edu)
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) - see: Dept. of Education
You may opt out of directory (name, phone number, etc.) information release (MyTech tab in Raiderlink Portal).
Safe Computing: TTU Operating Policies - You are RESPONSIBLE
Safe Computing: Passwords
- Use password generated by the eRaider account system or follow eRaider password criteria
- Do not share with anyone - no one should EVER ask for your eRaider password
- Do not use the same password for other accounts
- Passwords must be changed every 90 days
- If you lose or forget your password, reset it immediately; call 742-HELP e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
IT ALERT: Who is the "You" that is out there?
Do You Have...
- Risqué pictures?
- Pictures or stories of heavy alcohol use or drug use?
- Poor writing or bad grammar?
- Derogatory comments or radical political views?
- Questionable "friends" on your friends list?
These are things to consider before, during and after Law School and the Bar Exam!